Do I want Capital Growth or good Rental Returns?
Ultimately, the property you buy and where, is likely to come down to what is financially viable. As a buy-to-let investor, you will either be relying on:
- Capital Growth (medium to long-term increase in the value of the property) or solid
- Rental Returns (income generated from the property expressed as a percentage of the property value).
Once you have worked out which of these two investment strategy’s your interested in, register with us your interest and we will arrange a meeting to discuss further your requirements.
A Guide to choosing a Buy-to-Sell Property
Buy to sell a property can be a great way to make a lump of cash from property relatively quickly – but it involves finding the right opportunity, financing it, getting the numbers right, and executing to perfection. This guide will take you step-by-step through everything you need to do…
- The Property – the one that appeals to the largest numbers of buyers.
- The Location – you should be buying in areas where you can see that the market is moving quickly.
- The Situation – you need to be looking for a property that needs work doing, there’s no potential for uplift if you buy it in mint condition, unless you purchased it a significant discount.
- Financing –
- Cash – if you’ve got enough in the bank to cover the purchase and all your costs, it’s a quick, easy, and interest free way of financing the project.
- Bridging loan – is quick, it’s appropriate, it’s convenient…but it’s not cheap. The interest and fees will need to be factored into your costs, so you can be sure that the project is profitable after your finance costs as well as your refurbishment and other costs.
- Numbers – The maths is simple, Profit = Sale price Less Purchase price Less Costs. You can maximise profits by influencing any of the 3 factors: buying cheaper, selling higher, or reducing your costs.
- Specification – know the target market your aiming to attract for the property, refurbish it accordingly.
If you have any further questions or would like to register with our Investment team please contact us by phone on 0754 781 5685 or by contacting us.